December 3, 2012

The big maple in the backyard

We have this gorgeous big maple in our backyard, that I'm kind of in love with.  I didn't realize how much I love trees until I moved to this beautiful state full of trees.  Having not really grown up with a fall in sunny Cali. I'm kind of obsessed with it here.  When the leaves start to change color it is truly amazing, and I see God's handiwork all around me. 

In early November I went outside to capture the bright golden yellow hues of the maple leaves.  I love the contrast of the dark wet trunk and branches against the light leaves.  As you can tell it is a pretty tall tree, but not nearly as tall as our 100 year old pines, that tower above it at over 100 feet. 

1-2 1-3

Later that month the leaves fell from the trees, and were raked into 5 big piles.  The kiddos had fun jumping in them, and our neighbors (the cows) came over to the fence to investigate.  We rewarded them with apples. 1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...