October 14, 2011

Daniel's Bed

I made a desk for Daniel awhile ago, and now it was time to give him a matching bed.  I made the headboard using these plans, however I wanted to have a trundle under his bed, and there were no plans for siderails or a footboard, so Daniel's headboard rested against his wall while I figured out how I wanted to do build them. 

I finally decided to just wing it, and here you have the finished product.

1-0

I mimicked the design in the headboard for the footboard, and did simple rails with supports made from 2"x6"'s.  I used Rockler side rail fasteners to attach the side rails to the headboard and footboard.
I stained it using Minwax Honey Oak.

For the trundle (not pictured) I used plywood and casters with 1x3's on the edges, stained to match the bed.

I'm so happy with how it all turned out, and Daniel is happy to have a finished bed (me too!!)

2 comments:

  1. Does he like sleepovers? Or is the trundle for his brothers when they don't want to sleep alone?? ;-)

    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, nice job Tasha!! Soooo impressive!
    You go mamma!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...