September 4, 2010

First Day of School

Tuesday morning was the first day of school for Daniel & Josh.  They were up bright and early, dressed and ready to go hours ahead of time (it could be that they were used to leaving the house at 7:30am, and now the bus picks up at 8:35am)

IMG_3241
Daniel, my big 5th grader

IMG_3245
Joshua, my adorable 2nd grader


They had a great first day of school, and a bunch of firsts for both of them..
- first time riding the bus to and from school (that wasn't for a fieldtrip)
- first time having an all indoor school (the gym is inside and has a climbing rock wall, very cool)
- first time having a classroom upstairs (guess, that's part of the indoor school thing)
- first time not knowing anyone in their classes (but they've already made some friends!)


Caleb's first official day of Kindergarten was on Thursday.  They have a smaller bus, that picks up the kindergarteners, but he comes home on the big bus with his brothers.

IMG_3249
Caleb, my cute kindergartener.


Did I mention that the bus stop is right across from our house.  I guess in the past it has been down a few streets, but since I was adding three boys to the count they moved up to our street, and I can look out my front window, and see when the bus comes.

As we waiting for the kindergarten bus to come (oh, he has afternoon kindergarten) he met a friend, and his little sister that is Natalie's age.  They were both so cute, and decided to be buddies for the day.

IMG_3263

IMG_3271  
Caleb getting on the bus!!

IMG_3273
The bus driving away with my little guy..(this is our street, isn't it beautiful?)

After the bus left, I drove to the school to see them get off the bus, and meet the teacher for the first time.  Caleb took one look at me, and was so annoyed that I was there.  Kind of like "I already said goodbye, why are you back?" I have to say it was kind of comforting.  Out of all my boys I was most worried about him, but he did great, and was so so ready for this.

IMG_3275 IMG_3277

School has started, let the fun begin!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...